Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Welcome back, self. Now take a seat and wait patiently.

Resisting without resisting, gosh that's deep, and these past few days, I've been losing sleep.

I'm struggling to find the middle ground for myself. Working a full time and a part time job, while juggling a relationship with my boy of five years, who's now back in school due to my persistent nagging.

A lot has happened in the past few months. I basically tripped face first into some opportunities, that now leave me with four less teeth (wisdom teeth, to be exact). I met some great new people, but I seemed to have alienated a few as well (I don't think I can ever forgive myself for ruining one of the best friendships I had). I hit a mental block with school and work, but now that I've learned two languages, and continue to learn one of two, I have four different tongues constantly jabbering in my head. Which doesn't ease the seven year stint of migraines. Oh, and I wrote my first thing in months, so there is hope for my deadened creativity, maybe it'll arise a zombie, and eat some colorful brains.

But I understand myself better. Which I guess is good. But I still see myself as a work in progress, which we probably all are, but it's hard to convince myself sometimes (most times) that it's all worth it. People feed me such praise, but I wonder if they see through the facade. But like I said, a lot has happened this past year, and that mirror I used to want to smash is starting to have lighter glint to it.

I know this post doesn't follow the typical rhythm of the others, but you shouldn't care. Because you're thoughts are probably aligned with mine: aren't we all feeling a bit out of time? Deep down, we all battle these indiscriminate insecurities... In one form or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment