Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The debatable quandary

Here I am, stuck in a quandary.
Is it me, or am I losing my humanity?

I see society and it's expectations
Reaching out to envelope me.

Heart scream, "DON'T FORGET."
Brain reasons, "You need a livelihood.
You need to be able to support your dreams."
"Don't leave just yet," my heart screams.
"To conquer those mountains, you need a job.
To fly to the moon, you need to pay."
Rational Brain says I need to stay.

"Forget the job, just run through the trees.
That sound calling you is the wind rustling the leaves."

Silly old heart loves the autumnal breeze.
Silly ol' heart... And that damn rational brain.

The war inside is the product of society,
Where money via capitalism is the key.

It suppresses by nature and kills all joy,
Reminds you that deviation is the devil,
And that the Church wants you to pray.
But I'm society's prey to be stalked upon
And when will it be okay for me to say:

Nah man. I'm the predator.
Beware, for Hell can't touch me, nor will it want to.
And I'm more than some tamed beast.
I will tear you piece by piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment